In addition to the various Brazing, Heat Treating, and Coating services we offer at Thermal-Vac, we have the equipment and capabilities to offer Cryogenic Treating, Electrolytic Nickel Plating, Part Cleaning, Engineering Support, Helium Leak Testing and more!
- Cryogenic treatment: freezing the material to temperatures as low as minus 315 degrees Fahrenheit and then bringing it back to ambient temperature
- Adds strength and durability to your metal products
- Reorganizes the molecules into a denser, more consistent and uniform pattern that makes the metal much stronger and more resilient
- One-time treatment that takes 40 hours to complete but, unlike some protective coatings, never wears off
- Reduces the cost of manufacturing and/or enhances the life of the product
Not only can we perform stand-alone Electrolytic Nickel-Plating of the highest quality, but given that nickel plating is a prerequisite for a number of advanced brazing techniques, we can seamlessly integrate plating, brazing, and finishing operations. That means reduced material handling, shorter cycle times, and superior quality control for our customers.
Thermal-Vac’s leak-detection services are among the best in the industry, capable of generating vacuums as high 10-8 Torr and detecting leak rates as low as 10-8 cc/sec small enough to take a pound of Freon at atmospheric pressure 270,00 years to bleed out.
To guarantee the best brazing, heat treating, or finishing results, parts must be thoroughly cleaned and prepared for each step. Thermal-Vac possesses a wide range of cleaning technologies so that it can tailor to your specific needs. These include ultrasonic cleaning in a variety of media, acid cleaning, and blasting.
Pressure testing is a standard method for verifying strength and leak-tightness, and Thermal-Vac offers a full range of services in this area. Depending on the requirements of the job, we can test with compressed air or such inert gasses as Helium, or Nitrogen. We can test up to 150 psi with our in-house facilities, and out-source testing requiring higher pressures.