Other Heat Treating Services
Specialty heat treating is part of our history and core competency. We like to perform some of the more exotic processes that require better than average equipment and engineering know-how. Here is a sampling of some of the other Heat Treating services we have in addition to Vacuum Heat Treating.
Hydrogen Heat Treat
- Heats the assembly in a furnace filled with H2 (molecular Hydrogen) which reduces oxides and removes hydrocarbons
- Permits precise control of the heating cycle making it better suited for more exotic or highly engineered applications
- Hydrogen may be applied either wet or dry; Dry for materials that oxidize at low dew points, Wet for materials with high dew points
- Wet hydrogen annealing available for magnetic annealing of metals, including those with high permeability
Induction Heat Treat
- Thermal-Vac has induction heat treated Molybdenum/Rhenium at 3000°F in an atmosphere bubble and has induction hardened gear teeth in specialized water quenching tools
- Our induction machines are setup with microprocessors that can provide for a specific heat treating profile to be run to a specific program which can be cycled, having endless set point opportunities
- Custom fabricated induction coils and tooling accommodate many parts configuration
- Our coils and tooling can be tested and verified on sample parts to assure a smooth transition to production capabilities
- Thermal-Vac commonly joins carbon alloy and stainless steels, copper alloys, and nickel alloys
Atmosphere Heat Treat
- Perfectly suited for smaller production volumes or unusual designs
- Atmospheres include Nitrogen, Hydrogen, and Air
Quality of work and passion for what we do is what drives us.
WHERE Heat Treating WORKS
Engines / Propulsion
Our high-precision brazing, plating, heat treating, and coating/finishing products have been tested and proven in the world’s most severe torture chamber – the guts of a rocket engine.Learn More
Other Brazing Services
Aluminum Dip Brazing
Thermal-Vac has received certified recognition by these top accreditation programs.